Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Two of my friends got married at the weekend. This was a bit of a surprise one, its two of the folk I used to work with in the first job I had when I moved here. Nobody really knew they were going out, although now several of us say we suspected something! Their wedding was lovely, my friend Hawa comes from a town just outside the main urban area called Brikama so we all went to her mothers compound for the celebrations in the evening. The happy couple had both informed me that the wedding would just be a small affair, just family and work colleagues, I think it's the biggest wedding I've been to since I got here, not that I've been to tons, but all the same there were plenty women in their fabulous outfits. Its funny there never seem to be many men around at these things, where do they all go? There was plenty food, dancing by some women who I have to say always act marginally strange their purpose of being at weddings is to provide entertainment (or something like that) the guests pay periodically and its difficult to get away when they come round seeking money, I forgot about this and didn't take small money with me which is a bit of a failing. All in all weddings are enjoyable and the amusement of seeing the bride regularly on the phone and the groom, in a rare appearance, texting, just summed up the two of them to me they are never away from those phones!

Good luck to them in their married life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home