Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sara's Place

Sara's Place
Hello,

well we had the festive and i watched the whole process of the sheep meeting its end and being skinned and everything, I wondered half way through why I was still standing there, but then I did get to learn things I never really needed to know about the insides of a sheep. I decided though its probably a much more humane death than the cows going to the slaughterhouse at home (esp. after the book I read last year about all that) cos I actually got to see that the sheep was happy right up until just near the end, sorry to you vegetarians! Then i was eating sheep for about five days afterwards, it really was quite alot but I managed.

Just spent last weekend camping on the beach, went down the coast - not very far but by public transport it took almost three hours to get there because you have to go on a mighty round about route and then on the way back managed it hitch a lift and it only took us 40 minutes. But the camping was great fun, did lots of body boarding and even went for a run on the beach, then I remembered I'm not all that sporty so I had a bit of a sit down. Oh and we had chocolate bananas on the campfire - who ever said being a volunteer was easy?

On the laptop front I haven't really bothered checking if the police have found it because I'm quite sure they haven't really bothered doing anything to look for it. But I don't imagine it would be found anyway so they probably have the right idea just sitting. The insurance company have paid me now though so I'm sorted, and there's been no worries from work about it so thats good - apart from all the work I lost which was bad.

Well my time is running out on the internet and I'm getting hungary now, I need to think about my dinner so far I have avoided cooking for over a month but I might have to break that habit tonight, or I might just go and see what the neighbours are up to!

hope all are well and happy!

1 Comments:

Blogger vikki said...

Hi Sara. Just had a wee read of your recent adventures.Hope the house and cat sitting is going well.It really does sound like a luxury.I feel really bad when i think how much we've been moaning about scummy showers but we are lucky to have any at all.Lesley and I have made it down to Melbourne afetr 4 months in Sydney mainly waitressing so holidaying now.Drove around Tasmania for a week which was beautiful and car didnt break down luckily, am jealous of you driving a beetle though, cool!Met up with Neil today and visited Ramsay Street,not that exciting really!Impressed with your Woolof, hope the lessons continue to go well.Running out of time so will try to have a wee read of your adventures again soon.Take care
Love Vikki

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home